John Rogers started practicing law in 2013, where he has exclusively tried criminal cases. John is an accomplished trial lawyer specializing in complex and high-stakes criminal cases in state and federal court.
John is a Board Certified Specialist in Criminal Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. A distinction that only a small percentage of California criminal defense lawyers have achieved. He teaches criminal law as an adjunct law professor at the University of West Los Angeles School of Law, and he sits on the board of directors for the Los Angeles Criminal Court Bar Association. He has continuously been named a Southern California “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine, and he was selected to be in California’s “Top 40 Under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
John secured one of the largest criminal jury trial acquittals in Los Angeles in 2018. He obtained a full acquittal for his client, who stood trial on five counts of attempted murder.
Over the years, John has developed a unique way of negotiating with state and federal prosecutors. He has creatively persuaded prosecutors to narrow or dismiss charges, and he has convinced judges to dismiss charges based on constitutional challenges. John stands ready to intervene and prevail at all levels of the criminal process from grand jury investigations to jury trial.
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Executive Board Member, Los Angeles Criminal Court Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association of Orange County and Los Angeles
- Member, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit