Orange County Sex Crimes Attorney
Have you been arrested or under investigation for a sex crime in Orange County? Retaining the right Orange County sex crimes attorney could be one of the most important decisions in your life. Sex charges are extremely serious that ultimately carry life changing consequences. Even unsupported accusations negatively affect your social status, friendships, employment, and even marriage. Don’t let accusations get out of control, contact us so we can get started in deflecting the case before it even reaches the inside of a courtroom.
Early Intervention is Critical to Addressing Sex Crime Allegations
A sex crime investigation initially begins with a report being filed with local police by your accuser or by a social worker from child protective services. Teachers, doctors, therapists, and government employees hold a mandatory reporting duty. Thus, any hint of sexual misconduct triggers their reporting duty to law enforcement. Law Enforcement have a mandatory duty to believe the reporting party. Accordingly, some of the most serious charges can be initiated by a single complaint by a single person.
Retaining an Orange County sex crimes attorney at the initial stages of the case will help increase the chances of stopping it from prosecution. We can investigate the facts, question witnesses, employ experts, and obtain evidence the police never collected. Sexual assault allegations not a laughing matter and it must be treated immediately, much like having the initial symptoms of a life threatening illness. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that because you didn’t actually commit a sex offense, the California justice system will recognize that. Do not leave your future and freedom up to chance. Take the proactive approach and move to deflect the accusations before it can get out of control.
Why Hire Us to Defend You
Because of the moral repugnance of sex allegations, unfortunately society deems a person guilty merely based on allegations alone. You must obtain the right Orange County sex crimes attorney to explain your side of the story and mount your defense. It is not uncommon for someone to be wrongly accused or become the product of government overcharging. We are one of the very few offices in Orange County who represent clients accused of child molestation, forcible rape, sexual battery, child pornography to all types of internet cyber crimes.
Orange County criminal defense attorney John D. Rogers understands the unique impact that a sex crime can have on someone’s future. He has handled all forms of sex crimes that most defense attorneys have declined to accept. Mr. Rogers aggressively challenges the credibility of witnesses, analyzes the forensic evidence, conducts independent evaluations of DNA evidence, and employs independent experts to examine whether law enforcement improperly led a witness or purported victim to give a certain answer. He is qualified to handle a full spectrum of sex crimes under California law as well as with those charged with a federal crime.
Overview of California Sex Crimes
California has a history for having the toughest laws against sex charges in the United States. And every year revisions in the law increase the penalties for those who stand convicted. Someone convicted of a sex charge can face a length jail sentence and have to register as a sex offender with local law enforcement. Registration will control where you live, where you work, and the ability to associate with family members under the age of 18. Because of the devastating consequences following a sex crime conviction, retaining a knowledgeable Orange County sex crimes attorney is vital to ensuring you receive effective representation.
- Contact Minor for Felony Purposes – Penal Code 288.3(a) PC
- Lewd Acts with a Child – Penal Code 288(a) PC
- Foreign Object Penetration – Penal Code 289 PC
- Oral Copulation – Penal Code 287 PC
- Meeting with a Minor – Penal Code 288.4 PC
- Child Pornography – Penal Code 311.11 PC
- Revenge Porn – Penal Code 647(j)(4) PC
- Sexual Battery – Penal Code 243.4 PC
- Failing to Register – Penal Code 290 PC
- Indecent Exposure – Penal Code 314 PC
- Prostitution – Penal Code 647(b) PC
- Statutory Rape – Penal Code 261.5 PC
- Sodomy – Penal Code 286 PC
- Rape in Concert – Penal Code 264.1 PC
- Rape – Penal Code 261 PC
Defending Sex Crime Charges
- Mistaken Identification: Mistaken identification is a growing concerning in the courts, especially when it’s not corroborated by physical evidence – e.g., DNA, finger prints, video footage, or an independent objective witness. Prosecutors tend to maintain their case against a criminal defendant even though the identification of the defendant is questionable. The factors normally associated with misidentification include cross-racial identification, poor lighting, stress of the event itself, or suggestiveness or influence by law enforcement.
- False Accusations: False accusations are common and often motivated by financial gain, child custody, or simply revenge. It’s unfortunately common for a party to fabricate charges and manipulate the criminal justice system against an innocent person. Exposing a false claim requires an extensive investigation into your accuser or the person orchestrating the accusations (e.g., mother of the child) in order to expose the motivation to lie.
- Mistaken Memory: There are numerous factors which would play an important role impairing or falsifying an alleged victim’s recollection of the event(s). Outside influences include pressure from the victim’s family or law enforcement’s suggestive tactic of building false memories. Consequently, an alleged victim can think certain events occurred when in reality it never happened.
- Consent: Consent is a common defense for rape allegations or sexual battery. An alleged victim will consent to a sexual act but overtime develop “buyer’s remorse.” Consent is a very specific defense requiring the totality of the circumstances to be examined – e.g., where did the act take place; how did both parties meet; have you had any sexual relations previously; etc. Ordinarily, text messages, social media interaction, or dating applicable chat logs are critical pieces of evidence.
Hire an Experienced Orange County Sex Crimes Attorney to Represent Your Side
Never believe that a sex crime investigation will go away. The government uses its unlimited resources to ensure that a person standing accused will later be convicted. These allegations must be delicately handled by a reputable Orange County sex crimes attorney in Newport Beach. Every sex case is different and the circumstances can make you feel alienated in the pursuit of addressing these matters. Contact the Law Offices of John D. Rogers today to schedule a free confidential consultation. We will provide you with reassuring counsel so that you will never feel alone in your situation.
 We also serve the following localities: San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles, Ventura, San Fernando, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Malibu, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Alhambra, El Monte, West Covina, Pomona, Downey, Norwalk, Bellflower, Compton, Long Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica, Culver City, Inglewood, Westwood, Dana Point, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Tustin, Garden Grove, Westminster, Placentia, Los Alamitos, Brea, Buena Park, Yorba Linda, Anaheim, Orange, Santa Ana, Coto de Caza, Balboa, Newport Coast, Villa Park.